WHAT ARE EMERGENCY AND TRAUMA SERVICES?
Lake District Hospital Emergency department has 24/7 certified emergency care nurses always ready to help. The hospital is also certified Level IV Trauma Center. Physicians and nurses with additional trauma certifications provide trauma care to the multiple-injured patient and family.
SHOULD I GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM OR A CLINIC?
If you are experiencing a life-threatening or life-altering illness or injury, the ER at Lake District Hospital is the right choice for treatment. If you experience a simpler illness or injury, such as a twisted ankle or a cut to the forehead, a convenient care setting is a great option.
DR’S OFFICE OR CLINIC
- Abdominal pain
- Minor broken bones
- Colds and coughs
- Flu symptoms
- Foreign object in the eye, nose or ear
- Minor burns, bruises or scrapes
- Rashes or insect stings
- Tetanus shots
- Urinary Symptoms
- Amputation or deep wounds with severe bleeding
- Chest pain
- Head injury with loss of consciousness or onset of
- Multiple injuries
- Internal injuries and internal bleeding
- Large surface burns
- Physical or sexual assault
- Poisoning or overdose
- Stroke symptoms (weakness, numbness, dizziness
and difficulty speaking)
- Suicidal behavior