WHAT IS LAKE DISTRICT WELLNESS CENTER?
Lake District Wellness Center is a team of service professionals partnering with the community, families, and individuals to improve the mental and behavioral health of Lake County citizens.
WHAT WE DO
- We maintain a safe and caring environment that is welcoming, understanding, and validating.
- We meet the needs of our clients and their families.
- We provide a diversity of services.
- We recognize and respect cultural differences and individual needs.
- We celebrate the diversity of humanity, including differences in gender, age, race, ethnicity, national origin, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, income, education, religion, and political beliefs.
- We use creative solutions to achieve positive outcomes.
- We maintain strict confidentiality.
- We collaborate with our community partners to best serve the needs of Lake County.
- We are committed to staff and professional development.
- We work with excellence and integrity.
- We provide individual counseling for children, adolescents, and adults.
- We provide family counseling.
- We provide group counseling.
- We offer child-parent psychotherapy and parenting education.
- We provide activity therapy.
- We perform the Early Childhood Service Intensity Instrument (ECSII), Child and Adolescent Service Intensity Instrument (CASII), and the Level of Care Utilization System (LOCUS).
- We offer courses in dialectical behavior therapy (DBT).
- We offer psychiatric medication services for children, adolescents, and adults through telemedicine. Andrew Vilius, a registered nurse with a Master of Science degree and a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner, is our prescriber. In addition to telemedicine, he does on-site visits four times a year.
- We provide moral reconation therapy (MRT), a batters intervention program, and sexual offender treatment through referrals from Lake County Community Justice.
- We also offer treatment following arrests for driving under the influence of intoxicants.